Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sponsoring a Child in Need

Today, 2 people  I am connected with through Facebook sponsored a child.  Congratulations Rebecca and Morgan for stepping up and being a part of a child's life.   Both sponsorships were through Compassion International.  While I  sponsored my child through World Vision, both organizations are a great way to make a difference in a child's life.  In many instances, you will  make a difference not only in the life of the child but with the entire family.  Both of these wonderful organizations are Christian based which is very important to me personally as well.   
Johnny Arguello Santana


My child's name is Johnny Santana and he lives in Costa Rica.  He is currently 8 years old.  I was fortunate enough to have lived there for a period of time and so I am personally aware of the poverty that exists in this country.  While Costa Rica is in no way as desperate as Haiti or Africa, all of these third world countries are in need of our help and support.  Since I may travel back to Costa Rica from time to time, I chose to sponsor a child in a country that I am familiar with and one that increases my chances of actually meeting my child in person one day.   Also, I know that through World Vision, 89% of my $35 each month goes directly to helping my sponsored child and I love that so much of my money is going directly to help with programs and ministries.  I am honored and blessed to be a small part of this childs life.  I will not have any children of my own so this is really something that is near and dear to my heart.
Today, coincidentally,  I received in the mail some information to help Johnny celebrate his birthday by sponsoring a festive party and by giving him a personalized birthday gift from me.  He will turn 9 on April 2nd.  For many of these children, the only way they will ever celebrate a birthday is through the help of a sponsor.


Through faithful sponsorship, you can touch a childs life  and offer love, generosity, hope, and most importantly, the gift of Christ.   So consider sponsoring a child.   Make a difference in someone's life.  Below are the website addresses to both of these wonderful organizations. 

www.worldvision.org
www.compassion.com

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Chris!! Johnny is so cute!! He's going to be a heartbreaker too! ;-) His birthday is the same as my dad's--great day! I feel the same way as you about many of the great things about going through these Christian organizations. I know that given my upcoming trip to the DR, there is always the possibility that I might get to go to Haiti one day and meet my child. In America we are so blessed with everything we have and it's easy to forget what isn't directly in front of us. I'm so looking forward to being apart of my child's life and maybe bringing change for at least one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Both organizations do good work, but when I did the research, I felt God was leading me to Compassion based on the financial reports and salaries etc. I am so glad that these organizations are out there, helping US help the people who really need it. It is a rewarding thing and has changed our lives. We are truly SO blessed, it is wonderful to be able to bless others!!

    ReplyDelete